How to Adjust Aero Peek Desktop Preview Mouse Hover Delay in Windows 7
Aero Peek is a new feature introduced in Windows 7, which allows you temporarily view the desktop, without having to minimize all the open windows. You can temporarily preview the desktop by moving the mouse pointer over the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. The default hover delay is 1 second. If this time is too short for you, you can delay it further more to avoid accidental preview of the desktop, using the registry hack discussed in this article.
Increase Aero Peek Desktop Preview Mouse Hover Delay
1. Click Start, type Regedit.exe and press ENTER
2. Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
3. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime
4. Double-click DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime and click Decimal
5. To increase the hover delay to 3 seconds, type 3000. Similarly, type 4000 for 4 seconds and so forth…
6. Exit the Registry Editor.
7. Logoff and login back.